
I forced myself to succumb to WarCraft as a distraction and I've completed both WCIII and FT campaigns. Even Act II of the FT Orc campaign.
I wonder why I was never this interested in their campaigns in the past. Maybe I just couldn't be bothered and gave up when it got too ridiculous? Haha. So maybe now in my twenties I am more tolerant of the ridiculous? Nevermind, after more than two packets of sugar-free Strepsils you can't really expect me to be coherent..
Other than gaming, sleeping and forcing food down my painfully sore throat, I did almost completely nothing the entire week. Maybe I am usually too busy for my own sake and perhaps sickness is how my body forces me to rest and keep still so I can regroup?
** Oh I remember, I spent Friday helping JL with his Critique. Hahaha, joke of the day: To get 1.5 lines spacing, just type enter at the end of every line.
Anyway, after three years of no DOTA, the prodigal daughter has decided to return. I have lost touch completely. To the point that I had to load the game several times on my own outside Battlenet just to find a few heroes out of the 80 that I could adapt to. Even then, I know still have a very long way to go.
The irony of last night was that I actually managed to get very nice scores for all the maps I played in CounterStrike which was rare for me and then went into DOTA to get taunted for being a newbie. Well, what do you expect when you have two melee heros surrounding one range hero? Plus my drow ranger had only one active spell - Frost Arrows and Trueshot Aura, Silence and Marksmanship as passive spells. Pwn what.
The (Malaysian) team I was with happily left me struggling against two enemy heros on my own and then later started to taunt me for being a noob. I was like grow up it's not like we're losing - they were pwning the others elsewhere whilst I struggled in my lane alone. I just couldn't be bothered to argue and left when they continued their insults.
I sometimes think I am living in the past when it comes to games even though I have been playing for years. For one I really do not understand why people act so uncivilised when in games these days. Not just DOTA, CS as well. I don't understand the lack of sportsmanship. If you get fragged, respawn and try again. Why bother to insult the one who killed you? It doesn't make sense when you both have bullets but you resort to vulgarities does it?
I also had to kick off one interesting player who kept throwing flashbangs at his own team even denied it when Rz and I asked him to stop. When he ran out of flashbangs, he started following me around and blocking my path. I suppose we devolve with too mcuh gaming?
Such behaviour completely confounds me, and I start to wonder if I am, after all, indeed the same person who studies human behaviour and deviance.
Ah, I'm going to end here with some hammy photos. My cough is wrecking my train of thought again.





- 20 November 2006 2:04 pm -
No comments:
Post a Comment